Thursday, May 21, 2020

Jesus in the Desert: Children of God Storybook Bible by Archbishop Desmond Tutu

May 21, 2020

Thank for your patience while we figure out some of the challenges with the blog posting!

In our story today, Jesus is tempted to do things that are not loving and for the greater good.  He is tempted to do things for his own benefit or tempted to do things that are only helpful for him, but not others.  

There are a lot of temptations all around us too!  I am tempted to not wear a mask anymore.  I am tempted to want to go and give all of my friends hugs!  I wish I could go to Target just for fun again!  Doing these things are temptations during a time when doing things could get someone sick! And, helping keep God’s creation safe and healthy is so much more important than going to Target for fun, or not wearing a mask in public.  I hope you and your family are staying safe, healthy, and watching out for your neighbor.

Daily Prayers
  • In the morning when we wake up: May today bring joy in new ways. Amen.
  • At mealtimes: Dear God, thank you for health. Thank you for the earth. Thank you for the hands and hearts that made this food. May the earth and your people be healthy. Amen.
  • Bedtime: Dear God, thank you for resting from the top of my head down to my toes. Your love will be with me even in my sleep. Amen .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Faith Seeds: And it was Very Good, Week of January 3rd, 2021

I hope you find this to be a great faith activity for the whole family of all ages. This week’s theme focuses Dwight’s sermon from the Janua...