Saturday, May 23, 2020

The Giving Tree, by Shel Silverstein

May 23, 2020

This story makes me think about something in my life that seems like it’s always been there in my life. I’ve had my cat, Bianca for 11 years. I’ve had her since she was just a little baby. We’ve moved a few times together. And, we’ve had different pets along the way. But, the one thing that has always been there is my sweet little cat Bianca. She’s patient, loving, and also a little mischievous (Mischievous means that she likes to cause trouble here and there)! When I am sad or ill, she curls up on my lap. When I am happy, she plays and jumps around! She even knows three tricks she does in order to get treats. It’s like she has always been in my life. And, I am grateful for her. I show her I care by brushing her mane, feeding her good food, providing her lots of toys and love, and making sure she knows she’s my # 1 favorite cat. I wonder if there is something in your life that has always just been there for you. How do you show that thing that you are grateful for it?

Daily Prayers

In the morning when we wake up: May today bring joy in new ways. Amen. At mealtimes: Dear God, thank you for health. Thank you for the earth. Thank you for the hands and hearts that made this food. May the earth and your people be healthy. Amen. Bedtime: Dear God, thank you for resting from the top of my head down to my toes. Your love will be with me even in my sleep. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Faith Seeds: And it was Very Good, Week of January 3rd, 2021

I hope you find this to be a great faith activity for the whole family of all ages. This week’s theme focuses Dwight’s sermon from the Janua...