Saturday, June 20, 2020

Grumpy Monkey, by Suzanne Lang and illustrated by Max Lang

June 20, 2020 

Using your words is really good when we are having feelings, even if we don’t know what we are feeling.  I am feeling tired.  Or, I am really hungry and it’s making me in a bad mood can be good things to say.  It’s good to connect to what we are feeling.  And, it’s OK to feel tired or angry or grumpy or sad.  Those are great things to feel. 

It’s always good to have people in your life you can share your feelings with.  They can help with your feelings.  And, you won’t feel so alone if you let other people in.

And, if you don’t know what to do with your feelings, doing a project can be helpful, like helping with a chore, getting a little exercise, or making art.  I wonder how you use your words and use your feelings.


Daily Prayers

In the morning when we wake up: May today bring joy in new ways. Amen.

At mealtimes: Dear God, thank you for health. Thank you for the earth. Thank you for the hands and hearts that made this food. May the earth and your people be healthy. Amen.

Bedtime: Dear God, thank you for resting from the top of my head down to my toes. Your love will be with me even in my sleep. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Faith Seeds: And it was Very Good, Week of January 3rd, 2021

I hope you find this to be a great faith activity for the whole family of all ages. This week’s theme focuses Dwight’s sermon from the Janua...