Thursday, June 4, 2020

The Lost Sheep- Children of God Storybook Bible, Arch Bishop Desmond Tutu

June 4, 2020 

I wonder what it means to be lost from God.  Have you ever thought about it?  Do you think you’ve ever been lost from God?  I know I have!  And, that is totally ok!  In fact, it’s part of our faith lives.  We are not perfect.  We might sometimes do or say things that are not loving and helpful to others, animals, and the environment.  We may have times when we are grumpy and stuck.  Or, we may have moments when our anger comes out wrong.  (Anger can be good when it’s used in a way that is loving and helpful.)  We are human and will always make mistakes.  And, that is OK! 

What is most important is when we can find our words for how we feel. “I am feeling grumpy today!”  Or, “I am feeling like I don’t want to do anything that my parents tell me to do today!”  When we can voice our feelings, it’s a good step toward doing things that will be helpful to get us back to being love in the world. 

Sometimes when we are lost from God or feeling grumpy or angry or not like doing anything good and helpful, we need quiet time.  Quiet time can be good!  Adults would call this “self-care”.  Self-care is really important.  Self-care can look like quiet time.  It can look like taking time to listening to our favorite song or reading a book that calms us or taking time to be out in nature.  Self-care can look like lots of different things.  I wonder what you do to come back to God.  Or, I wonder what you do to help you when you are not feeling like being love in the world.



Daily Prayers

In the morning when we wake up: May today bring joy in new ways. Amen.

At mealtimes: Dear God, thank you for health. Thank you for the earth. Thank you for the hands and hearts that made this food. May the earth and your people be healthy. Amen.

Bedtime: Dear God, thank you for resting from the top of my head down to my toes. Your love will be with me even in my sleep. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Faith Seeds: And it was Very Good, Week of January 3rd, 2021

I hope you find this to be a great faith activity for the whole family of all ages. This week’s theme focuses Dwight’s sermon from the Janua...