Wednesday, June 3, 2020

The Disciples Learn to Pray- Children of God Storybook Bible, Arch Bishop Desmond Tutu

June 3, 2020 

Help us open our hearts to you, God!  When we do, cool stuff can happen.  Sometimes when we pray, we might ask for God’s help in ways that we might not see our prayers answered.  When we open our hearts to God, we also have to open our minds to how God may respond.  And, I wonder how we use our prayers as ways to also get into action.  Prayer works best when we act with love or pray with your feet.  That’s a funny thought, huh?  How do we pray with our feet?!? 

When I pray, I rarely pray for myself.  I ask God to help show me how I can be useful in the world.  And then, I get into action.  I may see something where there is a need, like cleaning up stuff in the neighborhood or writing a letter to someone who is lonely.  Or maybe, I feel this overwhelming need to be kinder to those around me.  When I feel this need, I take that as a sign that that is where I should be getting into action.  I wonder if you’ve ever felt that feeling of needing to do something loving and helpful.




Daily Prayers

In the morning when we wake up: May today bring joy in new ways. Amen.

At mealtimes: Dear God, thank you for health. Thank you for the earth. Thank you for the hands and hearts that made this food. May the earth and your people be healthy. Amen.

Bedtime: Dear God, thank you for resting from the top of my head down to my toes. Your love will be with me even in my sleep. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family Faith Seeds: And it was Very Good, Week of January 3rd, 2021

I hope you find this to be a great faith activity for the whole family of all ages. This week’s theme focuses Dwight’s sermon from the Janua...